We are a licensed and inspected by the Illinois State Department of Agriculture.
- Your pet will stay in his/her own private space for meals and sleeping. Fresh water is provided all day long.
- We provide a raised platform so that your pet can be up off the floor. The platform is High-density, molded plastic deck provides a comfortable, sanitary surface for dogs. Each platform is cleaned and sanitized between uses.
- It is sometimes a comforting feeling for your dog/cat to have a personal item from home, we encourage you to bring any pet bed, blanket, toy or ball that you feel will provide your pet an extra comfort. The kennel can provide bedding (blankets) too. Please make sure that balls, toys, and bedding are washable and dry-able. Please keep in mind that a dog might react differently while being boarded and may chew thing that they would not chew at their own home, we are not responsible for destroyed or lost items.
- Dogs are taken out (4) times a day during their stay with us for exercise (individual), fresh air and potty breaks. Dogs are not permitted to play together unless they are from the same family.
- We believe dog and cats do much better boarding when are fed with their own diet from home. If your dog has a particular diet, we won't interrupt the flow. Pets will receive food provided by the owner and fresh water. Our staff will feed your pet according to your instructions. We carefully monitor you dog's eating habits. We ask you to supply us with enough food, any kind you want, to nourish your pet for the duration of his/her stay. You can also bring you dog's favorite treats. When you bring food, please have it labeled in a plastic bag or container. We can customize meal preparation for your pet. We DO NOT give insulin Injections.
- Just like people, dogs and cats may have special needs, and we are able to meet most requests that our clients have. Even if your pet needs his food heated in a microwave, we will take care of that at no additional charge. We do have a refrigerator, so if you need to bring things like cheese, meatballs..., please do so.
- Bring medication in a pill container or baggie with their name on the outside along with written instruction: Name of medication and strength, dosage per day or if needed (let us know at drop off what doses have already been given that day), reason for medication.
- Kennels are cleaned and disinfected daily. Top Dog uses specialized cleaners and disinfectants that are specifically designed for kennels. Each kennel run is completely sanitized between boarding visits and is prepped and ready to go for your arrival.
- We provide hygienic, stainless steel food and water dishes that are washed daily post-feeding. If you prefer to bring your pet's dishes that is ok too! We do not allow any glass, ceramic or breakable items to be brougth in with your pet.
- The owners live onsite and monitor the facilities with a monitored system.
- The Boarding area is climate controlled- warm in the winter and air conditioned in the summer.
We have a good relationship with the veterinarians in this area if any problems should arise while your pet is boarded.
We require proof of immunization on your pets. We keep this information on file, but it is your responsibility to provide us with proof of subsequent vaccinations.
Pet vaccinations are an important part of preventative health plan for your pet. Thanks to pet vaccines your dog and cat can live a healthier and longer life.
Vaccines help build up a pet's immune system, so if they are exposed to the disease the chances of them becoming ill are much less. Vaccinations do not guarantee that your pet will not get sick, just like a human getting a flu vaccine, they can still get the flu. Vaccines do not necessarily prevent disease, but it will likely minimize the seriousness of the illness if your pet does get sick.
All dogs/cats must be in good health and free of any communicable disease. All pets must be up to date on vaccinations.
Requirements for Dogs:
- Bordetella - Kennel Cough
Rabies Vaccine: Depending on what type of Rabies vaccine you veterinarian uses, your pet must receive a booster yearly or every three years.
Bordetella Vaccine :The Bordetella vaccine is given to help prevent your pet from the Tracheobronchitis disease. Your pet must receive a yearly booster or semi-annually. Please check with your vet regarding duration of immunity. This vaccination against Canine Cough might not normally be given unless your vet knows that your pet will be boarding, so please be sure that you request this vaccination. If your pet has not ever received a bordetella vaccine, it is our recommendation that your dog be vaccinate a minimun of (2) weeks prior to boarding.
All dogs must be vaccinated against "Kennel Cough", the name is misleading, as the bacterium or viral strain involved does not only occur in kennels. It is air born and can be passed on anywhere that dogs are in close proximity with each other (e.g. parks ,walks). If you dog has not received a Bordetella vaccination, one must be administered at least 72 hours prior to being boarded, but we recommend 7- 15 days to insure adequate protection, the vaccine needs this time to take effect in your dog's system. Please use this link to see more information about Bordetella . Bordetella vaccine is like the flu shot and does not immunize all dogs against all strains of canine cough. Top Dog makes no guarantees in regards to the Bordetella Vaccine.
DHLPP : The DHLPP vaccine is given to protect your pet from Distemper, Hepatitis, Leptospirosis, Parainfluenze, and Parvovirus. Your pet must receive a yearly booster.
Canine Influenza Vaccine: Starting Spring March 20 2018. will be require all our boarding and grooming pets to have the Canine Influenza as a prevention measure because there have been some cases in other states .
Flea preventive :
Our kennel is a flea- and tick- free environment. For it to remain that way, we require your Dog/Cat to be treated with some form of monthly flea and tick treatment preventive at time of boarding.
All dogs must be a least 4 months (12 weeks old) and received their second round of adult vaccinations for even greater proteccion: Two (2) sets of distemper and parvo vaccinations, the last set, as well as Bordetella (Kennel Cough).
- We must be able to safely handle each and every pet in order to provide the level of care we believe is necessary for the best boarding experience.
- Females on season: We do not accept females in heat/season.
Dog Boarding Rates
Effective February 1, 2017
(Efective January 1 /2018)
|Dogs up to 30 pounds||$16.50|
|Dogs 31 - 50 pounds||$17.50|
|51 pounds and up ||$18.50|Rate Boarding Multiple pets rate
Rate Boarding Day Care Rate.
Rates are charged by the night so whether you bring your pet at 7:30 a.m. or at 5:00 p.m. you will be charged for that night. You will not be charged for the last day of your pet's visit if you pick them up by 12:00. Dogs staying past check-out time after 12:00 require additional care and there is a charge of a day care rate.
-We offer discounts for long term boarding: Long term boarding requires payment up front for the first 14 days at the normal rate. Daily discounted rates day 15 thru the end of the boarding month should be paid at the end of the boarding month. Then at the end of each boarding month there after.
Mid Term Discount (15-21 nights) 10% off
Long Term Discount (21+ nights ) 15% off
Please note: Special handling fee unaltered dog care $1.50 per day, for pets that have not been spayed or neutered.
We board cats in a separate room. (Our sunroom- owner's home).
We believe cats do much better boarding when they are fed with their own diet from home. If your cat has a particular diet, we won't interrupt the flow.
Boarding fees include: litter box, litter, dishes, and blankets. Pets will be receiving food provided by the owner and fresh water. We ask you supply us with enough food.
Pets must be up to date on vaccinations. See requirements in section Boarding Requirements.
Requirements for Cats:
- Feline Distemper
- Feline Leukemia
Kittens (8- 18 weeks): Feline Distemper (FVRCP)
Rabies Vaccine : This vaccine is given to protect your cat from rabies.
FeLV :The FeLV vaccine is given to protect your pet from Feline Leukemia Virus. Your pet must receive a yearly booster.
FVRCP :The FVRCP vaccine is given to protect your pet from Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calcivirus, and Panleukopenia. You pet must receive a yearly booster.
Cat Boarding Rate
Efective january 1/2018
$11 per cat/night
Check out: You will not be charged for the last day of your pet's visit if you pick them up by 12:00. Pets staying past check-out time after 12:00 require additional care and there is a charge of a day care rate of $7. Multiples pets of the same family $8/per night/each pet.
You may call in daily to check on your dog/cat and a member of our staff will be happy to speak with you
Please allow at least 5 - 15 minutes for check in and have the following information ready:
- Boarding Agreement (it may need to be filled out for the first time or we may need you to update you already existing boarding agreement)
- Up to date vaccination records (if you haven't gotten them to us already)
- Feeding instructions
- Any medication instructions.
- And any other special instructions
Check out time Anytime from 7:30 am-5pm Monday thru Fridy . Saturday 7:30am - 12:30 pm, Sundays 10: 30am - 5pm.
You will be not charge for the last day of your pet's visit if you pick up by 12:00. Check out after 12:00 requires additional care and there is a charge of a day care rate.
New Hours Boarding! starting January 1/ 2018.
Monday - Friday 7:30 am -5:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 a.m -12:30 p.m
Sunday 10:30 am-5:00 pm
Nail trim and filing
$11 Small Size Dog (under 30 pounds)
$12 Medium Size Dog (31 pounds - 60 pounds)
$14 Large Size Dog (61 pounds - 90 lbs)
$15 Large Size Dog (91lbs up)
(If your pet is receiving a Bath package or groom, this is included )
Anals Sacs Care
(Expression internal or external if you request)
$11 (If your pet is receiving a Bath package or groom, this is included)